» THE WILD - STEAM | GANGS | ABILITIES | LITERATURE
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am by Guest

» Earth's Mightiest Heroes - A SuperWhoLockVengers RP
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm by Sadie Carlisle

Chatbox
Top posting users this week

Affiliates
Sites We <33
Affiliate with us and have your banner here!

Member Sites

A Little Help [Ryan]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Help [Ryan]

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

"I'll be back to pick you up tomorrow, darling," Sadie reassured her darling canine, giving her one last cuddle. Her malamute looked back at her with doleful look, giving her owner a nuzzle before the vet led her away.

Leaving the clinic, Sadie began the walk back to the Academy. It was considerably less fun without her furball to keep her company, but what was she to do. Music's the next best thing, she decided taking out her iPod and jamming the headphones into her ears.

She looked around as she walked, she observed her surroundings. It had been the very first thing that had been drilled into them at Evanesca, along with 'never be late'. She enjoyed watching the people, rushing about in their own worlds. Too busy too notice her. Except...

Except the scruffy male who'd been following her for many a street now. He tried to be subtle, tried but failed miserably. Oh great, that's just what I need today - a stalker.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Little Help [Ryan]

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

A day off! How long had it been since he had last had a day off from the office? He couldn't even remember. While he worked, he didn't even realize how much she needed some time off, but now that he had finally got it, he seemed to understand everything. Like the fact that he was not even sure that he had true friends, apart from his colleagues from work.

These being said, all by himself, he left the house and headed to the park. He was wearing a dark pair of jeans, a purple T-shirt and a black jacket, because it was still pretty chilly outside and he didn't want to risk catching a cold. He sutffed his hands in his pockets and walked slowly, just glancing around. There were places he didn't even recognize, despite the fact that part of his job was to walk around the city and find suspects.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Several more streets and it became clearer that the guy was following her. The crowd was beginning to thin out around this part of town and though she was trained in self-defense and combat she didn't want to resort to that today. Sure, she would if she had to, but she'd rather not.

She spotted a park with a couple of people. Two lone couples, a mother with her toddler and a guy on his own, meandering about. The blonde took another sneaky look at the guy on her tail and instantly made up her mind as to what to do. "Ohmygosh!" she squealed, jogging in the direction of the guy in the black jacket. "I haven't seen you in forever, how've you been?" she exclaimed, loud enough for the couples and mother to send her sideways glances.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Ryan looked around the park, his hands still stuffed in her pockets. He smiled slightly to himself when he saw the young mother with her toddler, then glanced at the two couples. He hadn't been like that since he had been married a few years ago, but honestly, it was not like he missed that much. The divorce had changed his mind and it had actually made him stronger and better, he believed.

Lost in thought, he noticed the blonde running up to him almost too late. His eyes widening slightly, he tensed his body and caught her in his arms, because she was running so fast that she probably couldn't stop that easily. "Umm... Excuse me?" he asked, quietly enough so only she heard him.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:19 pm

When the man caught her, she threw her arms around him and enveloped him in a hug. "Gosh I missed you!" she exclaimed again for the benefit of their 'audience'. She could feel just how tense he was, which was understandable, really. A second later her lips found his ear and she murmured, "Play along, I need your help..."

Breaking away from him she subtly positioned herself so she could look at and chat with this stranger while subtly checking what the one was doing. "It's been years, hasn't it? How've you been?" she asked cheerfully.

Well, that's one way to meet someone...
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Ryan's eyes were still slightly wide and confused, because she didn't understand what this stranger was doing. He wanted to let go of her once she regained her balance, but she enveloped him into a hug. Normally, he wouldn't have necessarily said no from the beginning, he had noticed that the girl was pretty good-looking, but he could sense that something was wrong there.

Hearing the words she whispered in his ear, he gently let go of her and sent her a big, charming smile. "Hey, honey," he played along. Why be an ass when he could help a pretty lady? "Yes, it's been a while, it's a pleasure to see you back. I've been great, thank you. How about you?"
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Normally, Sadie wasn't one to fall for guys based on their looks. She was the kind of girl who could end up with the sterotypical nerd lookalike as long as she could actually have an intelligent conversation with him. But at this guy's smile, Sadie almost melted. Thankfully she managed to regain her composure before she ended up as a giggling, blushing schoolgirl. Cover blown = not so cool...

"I've been just wonderful. Scotland was just gorgeous at this time of year," she replied with a smile. Thankgod he played along. Otherwise that would have been one awkward scenario... "You really should have come." She gave a chuckle then lowered her voice. "Do you wanna go somewhere? In the thataway kinda direction?" she asked with a slight nod towards the more deserted part of the park. Anywhere with people was out of the question - too hard to tell who was simply a civilian and who wasn't.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Of course, it was just a game, because Ryan was so nice that he was willing to help a pretty young lady in need. He was normally cautious when around new people, and he was like that now as well, only that he was not showing it. If something serious came up, he knew that he would be able to pull through, he had been trained to.

Despite the fact that nothing was real, his smile became even brighter when she mentioned Scotland, the country of his ancestors. "Yes, I really should've... Too bad work kept me here in Berlin," he shrugged. He was a pretty good actor when that was needed. When she suggested him to move further, he agreed quickly, because he was curious what all this was actually about. "Sure," he grinned, starting to walk to said direction.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm

The grin on Sadie's face was slowly becoming more genuine. It was a rather nice turn of events - escaping a stalker only to spend time in the presence of this handsome guy. Unless he turned out to be an ax-murderer in disguise, which she highly doubted.

"You're from Scotland?" she asked, noticing how he'd brightened at the mention of the country. "Which part?" She'd been supposed to go back to Scotland for a visit over the winter holidays but that hadn't happened this year. Ah well, there's always the holidays to visit back home again... She missed her home land terribly.

She looked around her, eyes scanning the perimeter for any unwelcome lurkers. Satisfied that everything was fine, she dropped down onto the grass. "You don't meet many fellow Scots around here," she said with a smile. "I'm Sadie, by the way. Thank you for helping with the rescue."
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Once they were away from the other people in the park, he stopped in front of her and crossed his arms over his chest, because he definetly expected an explanation. She was hot and he had been happy to help, but he had to know what he had got his butt into.
"I am not exactly from Scotland, I was born here, in Berlin," he explained, shrugging slightly. "But my parents are Scottish and we used to travel there a lot when I was younger."
At her next words, a smirk appeared in the corner of his mouth as he looked down at her. "Ryan," he replied. "Oh yes, about that... Do you always hug strangers around, or was it a special occasion?" he teased, his eyes holding a mischievous sparkle inside.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Sadie grinned sheepishly. "Would you believe that I'm psychic and I sensed you were also from Scotland and decided to come and say hello?" she ventured, giving him a charming smile. "I mean, us Scottish really do have to stick together around here..." Especially to the hot ones...

"Or, the more likely and truthful version of I was being followed and my wolf-pup who would usually be able to tear said follower to shreds is at the vet's so I needed an escape. Take your pick at the one that sounds the most awesome," she told him with a grin, eyes taking on a slight sparkle.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Ryan chuckled at the blonde's words, slightly raising an eyebrow. It seemed like he had been lucky enough to meet a pretty interesting girl, a funny one, not just a pretty face. He moved closer to her and sat down as well, right by her, actually curious about what the truth was. If she had been followed, he could investigate and see who the creep was.

"Hmm, let me think," he said, pretending to try to choose one. "Both sound supernatural, which makes me think that you came to me only because I was hot," he grinned; he couldn't help it. "But seeing that I am a detective, I tend to believe the second story, however creepy it is."
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Sadie shot him a grin and look of 'am I off the hook yet?' before laughing. So he had a sense of humour then. Brilliant. She didn't meet many of those any more, but that was partly because the people surrounding her, the students and teachers at the school weren't exactly the types to have a good sense of humour. "Definitely. I was drawn to your hotness like a moth to flame. I simply couldn't resist your charms..!"

She fell back onto the grass, giggling and stared up at the sky for a moment. "Well, every city's gonna have a few rotten apples. I just happened to somehow be the unfortunate magnet to one." She knew how, but she wasn't about to say it. The phrase 'He's after me because I'm a spy-in-training' weren't ones to be said in a normal conversation. "I woulda been fine if Maija had been with me - she woulda torn the guy to shreds if he'd come close. However, I do promise that the recent maulings of various conmen in the district were not my doing, Detective," she joked, pulling a shifty face as she propped herself up on her elbows.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm

It was interesting how they had just met each other, yet they talked as if they had met ages ago. Ryan was not too upset because of this, that mostly because it was obvious that Sadie was a smart woman, who also had a sense of humour; not to mention that she was also beautiful, which made things even more interesting.
"I am pretty attractive, you're right," he chuckled cockily, glancing at her from the corner of her eyes.
He laughed lightly again at her next words, realizing that Maija was a dog actually. "I hope it was not your doing," he said with a serious face, deciding to play her game. "What would happen if I'd have to arrest such a beautiful young woman? Wouldn't that be tragic?" he asked cheekily, grinning.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Five minutes in and we're already chatting like best friends, the girl thought with a smile. It was really wonderful, since Sadie never seemed to get along with someone that well. Well, not genuinely get along with someone, at any rate. He was smart and funny - always a great mix. Plus he was sexy. And those three made a killer combo.

Will you stop? the logical part of her mind scolded her.
Nuh uh, shan't, shan't!

"It wasn't, I swear!" she joked back, hazel eyes wide with innocence and long lashes fluttering. "Just because the blood trail always seems to end with me doesn't mean anything. I'm innocent in all of this, innocent I tell you!"

She dropped back onto the ground with a giggle. "It would be incredibly tragic. But lucky for me I'd be out of there in a heartbeat," she retorted, her own cheeky grin mirroring his. "Us beauties can be a danger to arrest," she added, eyes sparkling with mischief.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Ryan chuckled as well, because he definetly liked a girl with a sense of humour. He liked the fact that even though they didn't know each other, they were talking as if they had known each other for ages. It was a nice feeling, because there were moments when he wanted to break free from all the chaos at work and enjoy his life outside. Only that he worked so much that he hardly had any friends outside, which really sucked at times.

But that night, right when he thought that he would get bored quickly, go back to his place, watch TV and eat chocolate all day long, Sadie showed up, ready to brighten his day.

He playfully raised an eyebrow at her last words, still smirking mischievously. "Cocky, I like it," he grinned. "But I don't think beauty works on me when it comes to business. I'm a pro, though I may not show it."
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm

"Yep, that's me. Though I do think that you win the prize for most cocky, hands down." Not usually the type she went for, but on him she liked it. Not many people could pull off being cocky without turning into a jerk, but somehow he'd got it down to an art.

"You underestimate me," she shot back, a smirk playing on her lips. It would certainly be an interesting challenge if it ever came down to it - her versus Ryan. She'd probably do it some day if she got really bored. It'd be great practice for her future career. "But alright, if beauty doesn't work then what about something that isn't in the eye of the beholder and is instead in the stomach of the beholder? Y'know, chocolate, ice-cream, cotton-candy, cupcakes, the list goes on. I'm sure that one of those things will work a charm."
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Of course, Ryan was not trying to be a jerk to Sadie, his intentions were far from that. But a little bit of playing with the blonde would definetly be a lot of fun, because she seemed to like this game as much as he did. "Me, cocky? Psh..." he chuckled, shaking his head. "It is not called cockiness, it is called realism, dear," he grinned brightly, his deep eyes fixing her.

At her next words though, his eyes widened like the eyes of a little kid. Sweets had always been his weakness, but he didn't think that a serious detective would be discovered like this. Well, he was definetly a detective, but he was not that sure about the serious part. "How on Earth do you know about this? You start to scare me," he said, faking seriousness.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Sadie raised an eyebrow, chuckling. "Realism, huh? Sure, if you say so... So are you always this realistic, or is it all just for me?" she teased, brushing her hair from her eyes as she looked at him. His eyes... Geez, they're gorgeous..!

At his reaction she fell about in a peal of giggles. "Look at you! Your face just lit up like a Christmas tree!" Now that was just cute. "How did I know? Because I'm magic like that," she told him, mischief and playfulness dancing in her eyes. "And now I also know how to escape an arrest if ever you're around," she added teasingly. "Just dangle a chocolate cupcake in front of you."
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Ryan was not actually that cocky, but he liked acting like that at times because he thought it was fun. And the pretty ladies seemed to be drawn to him by his attitude, as it was being proved right that moment, because the lady seemed to like him enough in order to chat with him, despite the fact that he was a total stranger. "It is about me," he teased her. "But a blonde young lady may have something to do with it."

He laughed as well; she was so cute when giggling. He slowly shook his head, especially when seeing the mischief in her eyes. Hmm, so she wanted to play this way? He had to keep that in mind. "I have quick reflexes. I can just take the cupcake, then get you as well," he said with a wink, because his sentence had definetly had two meanings.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm

"Charmer," she said, playfully rolling her eyes. "Bet you say that to all the pretty ladies that strike up a chat," she teased. So what if he did - it wasn't as if she could get attached to him. It wasn't allowed. It got rather lonely sometimes, but what could she do. But it's nice being paid attention to. Really nice...

She raised her eyebrow. "Oh I bet they are. But I've got pretty quick reflexes too. The cupcake shall be aaaall mine," she retorted, trying to be flirty but having a sneaking suspicion that she was failing at it. She was rusty in that particular art; not many to practice on.

She looked in the direction of her stalker and found that thankfully he'd decided to bugger off for now. She knew she really should be getting back to the Academy by now, but she really didn't want to. Not yet. She was really enjoying his company.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

"As if you don't like it," he had to tease back, grinning from ear to ear. The night was getting better than he had expected, it was a nice escape from the daily routine he had to take over and over again. Waking up way too early, having a coffee, dashing to work and going back home at night; and that happened almost every day. He needed more of these random moments, definetly.

He couldn't not chuckle when she saw that Sadie, however pretty she was, did not possess the art of flirting, which was quite a surprise to him. But she still had that natural, personal charm that made him stick around for a while, so she needed nothing more. "That's a cute dream," he teased softly, suddenly looking up at the dark sky. "You can keep dreaming, but I will still make sure it won't happen in real life."
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

"Well I don't seem to be the only one who's enjoying themselves," she retorted with a smirk. "You look like you've just discovered a new species of cupcake." She was glad that he didn't seem to mind the teasing. It was nice - this break from all things regarding class. She doubted she'd see him again after tonight; after all Berlin was a big city. But this was nice - just a bit of fun.

"Good," she replied with a slight smirk. "I wouldn't want an arrest tainting my perfect record anyway. Besides, I'd have to feel sorry for you when you lost, and I just don't know if I can manage not gloating," she teased. She looked up, smiling when she spotted the first star of the night. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight... "All this talk about cupcakes is making me want one now..."
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fontaine on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm

With a playful grin always on his lips, Ryan slightly raised an eyebrow when Sadie said something about a new species of cupcake. He was not sure what she was talking about, but he felt like her words may have had two meanings, just like his from before. "Care to explain this, Miss Sadie? I would love to hear your opinion," he teased softly, fixing her with his eyes.

Hearing her next words, he instantly got on his feet and, with the grin still present all over her features, held out a hand. "I cannot say no to cupcakes. And despite the fact that I have all types of sweets at my home, I will not invite you there; I don't want you to think I am a sick pervert or something," he chuckled.
Ryan Fontaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie Carlisle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm

"Well, look at you, Mr Ryan - grinning like a Cheshire cat. As if you've just discovered a brand new tasty cupcake." Her explanation sounded lamer than her original comment had.

She giggled at his next comment. She couldn't say that she wasn't tempted; tempted to just have one night of fun. She'd been working so hard at school, she never got to go out to meet people properly; all she wanted was to just have some fun and adventure. You shouldn't... You really shouldn't...
But I want to...

"Well, how about we hit a cafe first? And then if there's nothing good there, I might take you up on that offer..." she replied, biting her lip slightly but eyes sparkling.
Sadie Carlisle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top