» THE WILD - STEAM | GANGS | ABILITIES | LITERATURE
Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:20 am by Guest

» Earth's Mightiest Heroes - A SuperWhoLockVengers RP
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm by Sadie Carlisle

Chatbox
Top posting users this week

Affiliates
Sites We <33
Affiliate with us and have your banner here!

Member Sites

Martial Arts (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martial Arts (open)

Post by Liam Burke on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 am

Liam was alone in the gym of Evanesca Academy, working on his boxing skills. Among the systems he had a deep knowledge of were Aikido, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hapkido, boxing, Sambo, Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do and American kickboxing. Most of this came from reading and watching others. Because of his quick learning and photographic memory, Liam was able to master these styles with ease. As he continued hitting the blue colored bag in front of him, Liam sensed that he was not alone. "Who ever is there you haven't surprised me." he called out to the person with out turning around.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Martial Arts (open)

Post by Maria Renner on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 am

Marianne entered the gym with her favorite weapons slung over her shoulder.
"Like I'd even try." she simply said.
Although it was suggested to her to use the gym rather than target practice Maria usually has been found out in the trees. Today, though, she obeyed and like a good student went to gym.
"So, enjoying bombarding these?" she asked pointing at blue colored bags, playing with the lip piercing.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Liam watched Maria as she said that to him and walked into the room. He nodded a bit at the same time when she asked him that. "Yes I do" he said to her, noticing the weapons she had over her shoulder. "From the looks of it your more of a weapons person then a hand to hand combat type."
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am

"Well, I'm more of an outside person. Been sizing trees since childhood. Dad's been telling me I should learn some hand to hand and martial arts." Maria admitted with a shrug. She still liked the old fashioned target practice with a bow and arrows. But then came her assignment and she'd turned to sniper rifles instead.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am

Liam nodded in reply as he listened to her. "Martial arts is a good thing to have in your bag of tricks should it get down and dirty." he said to Rain. "Got an assignment?" he asked
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:40 pm

"I guess." the raven haired still looked suspiciously at the punching bags. Old man had told her that the most powerful weapon is one's brains. "Well, my current and only assignment in near future is to gather smarts in this academy." Maria said shrugging. "I tried to tell them I'll be fine but you know how parents can be." she chuckled.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 am

Liam smiled a bit when Rain said that. "I do" he replied honestly before getting back to working on the bag.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:59 am

Maria settled on watching Liam. His movements so precise and sending powerful blows to the bags.
Somehow it never made to her brain that Old Papa could've wanted to have grandchild of different gender. It had never been discussed but she knew Daddy didn't care, he wanted his girls all smart and strong.

After a while Maria walked over to one and tried a punch. Of course it didn't quite moved the heavy thing, but her next try went a bit harder only making it swing vaguely.
So some did this to another's face for money. Raven haired girl had seen that club one of the city's cute-face's run.
But she visited only once and the site upstairs with different tools. The gym had been good and pool too.
Maybe she should've visited lower level and asked for a lesson.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:04 am

Liam looked over when Maria did that. He quickly noticed that she didn't quite get it right. "Turn your body a bit when you punch like that." he said to her as he stood there watching her.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Maria considered the suggestion for a second and then threw the punch turning her body as instructed. "Like this? she asked, the bag now moved bit more noticeable, if you looked close enough.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 am

Liam watched her as she did that, then nodded a bit.  "Yep just like that" he said to her.  Liam then walked over and stood behind her.  "Make sure to stand like this before you go to punch." he said while standing behind Rain and gently moving her body a bit as he spoke.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 am

"Hmm..." Maria hummed thoughtfully, maybe it wasn't that bad as she always thought.
She tried to ignore the light tingles rushing through her body, somewhere deep inside, when Liam stood behind her. "Yeah, it starts to make sense, but hope my Grandpa won't hear this from me, like ever." Maria suddenly giggled. Well, she was a girl afterall, why not to let her behave bit girlish sometimes.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:15 am

Liam watched her as she said that to him, then nodded a bit. "He doesn't want you to do things like this I take it?" he asked while watching her, hearing her giggle at the same time. He couldn't help but smile a bit when she did that.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:13 am

Maria shook her head, dark locks dangling slightly, "No, not at all, it's me who kept glaring at him up from my bow whenever he suggested I should take some serious lessons in martial arts and general kickboxing. That wasn't often but still he did that so I could be prepared for my future, and whenever Dad pops out of hiding. Now I'm here and was suggested to try this out." she explained. Now why she had to all of a sudden start blushing? Raven-haired thought to herself. Well, it wasn't like she was on operation or sitting into a tree, waiting for game to fall victim her arrow. So why not to let out a bit of her true self?
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 am

Liam listened to her as she said that to him. "I see" he replied with a slight nod at the same time. "I can teach you if you want." he said to her off the cuff as he stood behind her.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Maria thought for a moment then nodded. "Yeah,well, I have a weird family. "
She smiled at the idea, "I wouldn't mind some teaching. "
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Liam nodded in reply, "Anything you would like to learn the most?" he asked, only saying that because he had mastered several different styles and therefor had a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm

"Oh... uhh..." Maria stammered. She didn't really know, martial arts for her mostly was throwing someone over her shoulder after kicking their groin and before spraying with some hairspray or pepper gas. That she felt like self-defense done well, especially when dropping guy in front of a policeman with detailed report and filled paperwork.
But that was during her free time, when the spy/agent mode was locked up in the tree house bunker.

"Well, I shall admit I'm pretty much not too knowledgable, but I can throw a hazard guess some karate moves I'd be willing to learn. It might come in handy for self-defense in case someone at club corner decide nighttime for girl is too attractive to resist some evil fun." she said. Nights tend to be dangerous for young women to be outside. But she promised her friend to visit and watch some underground fencing rounds that was new to his club.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 am

Liam nodded in reply when she said that to him. He too was aware of how dangerous it was for women to be out alone at night. "I'll shall teach you then." he said in reply before leading her over to another part of the room. "The main thing you need to learn about self-defense is situational awareness." Liam said to Maria.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 am

"Great." Maria barely refrained from a girlish squeal. She already enjoyed her decision to come here.

"Oh. Pepper-spraying counts?" the young woman asked. "I usually kick or knee bad guys where it hurts the most if I'm not fast enough to skydive off the rooftop." she added, trying not to appear like she's new to spy stuff, which Maria definitely wasn't. She just was so used to her hacker/sniper dynamics that rarely required being attacked. Usually she hacked some computers, sneaked in places, snatched wanted things, fled the scene and returned to base.
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Burke on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:29 am

Liam nodded a bit when she said that to him. "Kicking someone in the knee is a good move, but not between the legs: many guys have been hit there before and will protect that part of themselves. If they do get hit there, it will just tick them off." he added in a matter of factly tone.
Liam Burke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Renner on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Rain shrugged innocently, "Or they'd become red-faced, screaming like two year olds and fall to the ground with a thud and curl up. My sister tried and found it hilarious to see guys reaction at her kicks. But for me it's been a stick or arrow mostly.
You'd never imagine what someone can offer you when faced with the sharp end of an arrow."
the raven haired girl, although young woman more accurately, told with a near-giggle.
True, she just had enough to unpack her bow and arrow in the middle of a shopping centre and people went screaming or promising her their savings just so she would let them go.
Funny.

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

[ooc: sorry for not replying sooner]
Maria Renner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down